FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the COVID epidemic, we will be adhering to the State of California guidelines and updating the FAQ page shortly. Thank you for your patience. bb 11-6-2020
- What age group should my child play in? For the best Futsal experience, your child should play in the same age group as they did during the outdoor season. For example, if your child played for a U10 team, then they should play in the U10 Futsal group. Futsal recognizes that some players will be 10 years of age by this time, but our objective is to keep existing teams together.
- What is the difference between competitive and recreation division? The competitive category is generally for the player who has played on a competitive soccer team (traveling team) in the past. If your child has only participated in your league's recreational soccer program, then they should play in the recreational division.
- My child wants to play Futsal but is not on a team and does not have a coach. Sign your child up as an Individual Player, and we will place him/her in a group based on their age, gender, and level of play (Rec or Competitive). Our Marin Futsal Academy is an excellent spot for new and returning players. Refer to our website for more information.
- My child is on a team with a registered Marin Futsal coach. How do I make sure my player gets on the right team? n/a this season - we only have professional trainers conducting Futsal training.
- When are scheduled training for the 2021 Marin Futsal Season available? Schedules are available one week prior to the opening of the season. Remember, training begins the weekend of January 23-24, 2021.
- When does registration open for the 2021 Marin Futsal Season? Registration opens Saturday, November 7, 2020, and closes December 31, 2020. Click here to go directly to our secured registration site: https://futsalmarin.demosphere-secure.com/_login .
- When does the 2021 Marin Futsal Season begin and end? The 2021 Marin Futsal Winter League begins the third weekend in January - January 23-24, 2021 - and ends the third weekend in March, 2021. There will be no sessions on February 13-14, 2021 due to President's Day Holiday.
- Are there practice games? There are no practice games.
- When are the training sessions held? Training sessions will be conducted this season on Saturday or Sundays.
- Where will the 2021 Marin Futsal league training be held? Our gyms are located in Marin County at various facilities in Tiburon, Strawberry, Corte Madera, Fairfax, and Novato.
- How are Special Requests handled? Every season we strive to accommodate special requests to the best of our ability. Please note that in some cases we may not be able to fulfill a request due to situations beyond our control. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- What is the dress attire to play Futsal? A t-shirt, shorts, socks and shin guards, and tennis shoes (no black soles). If your child is associated with an outdoor soccer team, players may wear their uniform. Masks are mandatory and must be worn at all times in the gym.
Do you have a question we have not answered on the site? Feel free to email us at email@example.com.