Frequently Asked Questions
- What age group should my child play in? For the best Futsal experience, your child should play in the same age group as they did during the outdoor season. For example, if your child played for a U10 team, then they should play in the U10 Futsal group. Futsal recognizes that some players will be 10 years of age by this time, but our objective is to keep existing teams together.
- What is the difference between competitive and recreation division? The competitive category is generally for the player who has played on a competitive soccer team (traveling team) in the past. If your child has only participated in your league's recreational soccer program, then they should play in the recreational division.
- My child wants to play Futsal but is not on a team and does not have a coach. Sign your child up as an Individual Player and we will place him/her on an existing team based on their age group, gender, and level of play (Rec or Competitive). Our Marin Futsal Academy is an excellent spot for new and returning players. Refer to our website for more information.
- My child is on a team with a registered Marin Futsal coach. How do I make sure my player gets on the right team? When you register at the Marin Futsal site online, choose your child's coach from the drop down menu. Your child will be automatically added to your coach's roster.
- When are scheduled games for the 2020 Marin Futsal Season available? Schedules are available one week prior to the opening of the season. Your child's coach will notify you with this information. Remember, games begin the weekend of January 10-12, 2020.
- When does registration open for the 2020 Marin Futsal Season? Registration opens Tuesday, October 1, 2019, and closes December 6, 2019. Click here to go directly to our secured registration site: https://futsalmarin.demosphere-secure.com/_login . You may also download our 2020 Youth Player Registration Application from our website and pay by check.
- When does the 2020 Marin Futsal Season begin and end? The 2020 Marin Futsal Winter League begins the second weekend in January - January 10-12, 2020 - and ends the second weekend in March, 2020.
- Are there practice games? There are no practice games.
- When are games played? Games are scheduled to play on Saturday or Sundays. Some Friday evening games feature our competitive teams.
- Where will the 2020 Marin Futsal league games be played? Our gyms are located in Marin County at various facilities in Tiburon, Strawberry, Corte Madera, Fairfax, and Novato.
- How are Special Requests handled? Every season we strive to accommodate special requests to the best of our ability. Please note that in some cases we may not be able to fulfill a request due to situations beyond our control. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- What is the dress attire to play Futsal? A t-shirt, shorts, socks and shin guards, and tennis shoes (no black soles). Each gym has pennies for players to wear. If your child is associated with an outdoor soccer team, coaches usually ask their team to wear their uniform.
Do you have a question we have not answered on the site? Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.